Import Data into Siebel via CSV file
Siebel Tidbits - Import Data into Siebel using a CSV file
Starting this month, we will blog about small requirements that can be easily achieved with Siebel and provide details on how to achieve it. To start off, there was a small requirement for a customer to provide an import option in Siebel to import data on a daily basis into Siebel using a CSV file.
- For the file browse option, create a new PopUp applet and ensure class is 'CSSSWEFRImpExp'. As an example, you can refer to the vanilla applet 'ISS Promotion Import Popup Applet'.
- Change the following Applet User Properties in the copied applet
- Property Name: Import Business Service; Value should be the same Business Service created in the first step to import data
- PRoperty Name: Import Method; Value - Created Business Service method name
|Fig: Applet User Properties for Popup Applet|
- In the base applet use this popup applet for the button by creating the following Control User Properties:
- Popup -> Name of the popup applet that was created
- Mode -> Mode of the applet, which is Base/Edit/Edit List
- Popup Dimension -> Dimensions of the pop up window. The format is Height x Width. E.g., 500 x 800
|Fig: Configuration of popup Applet on Control|
- Upon configuration, this might fail with the error "Custom File Upload Applet Based on Class CSSSWEFRImpExo Fails with Error SBL-UIF-00152 (Doc ID 1581777.1)". To resolve the above issue, the following additional repository changes needs to be done
- Add new Control User Properties to the below controls:
- For Control "Browse"
- Name = ClientPMUserProp; Value = UploadTriggerControl
- Name = UploadTriggerControl; Value = Import
|Fig: Control User Properties for control Browse|
- For Control "Import"
- Name = ClientPMUserProp; Value = FileUploadControl
- Name = FileUploadControl; Value = Browse
|Fig: Control User properties for control 'Import'|
This completes the required configuration. Deliver the workspace with the above changes.
- When the button is clicked, the popup applet to browse file comes up. Once the required file is selected, the business service method with argument 'FileName' created in the first step is invoked. The popup applet passes the filename automatically to the method.